Our purpose and goal is to strengthen, support, and encourage involvement in the arts of the community.
2016 Art Moves Des Plaines
The Des Plaines Arts Council (DPAC) will be announcing the next call for artists to submit applications for temporary display of public art in Des Plaines in a few weeks. Artworks will be displayed in a store front located in downtown Des Plaines.
Become a Member
Join us in our mission to strengthen, encourage, and support the arts community of Des Plaines. For as little as $25/year you can help support projects like Art Moves Des Plaines and our important Des Plaines Arts Council Scholarships.
Get the Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive advance notice of opportunities and programs, plus our complete cultural calendar with upcoming local events, art deadlines, and more!
2017 Des Plaines Arts Council Scholarships
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 Des Plaines Arts Council Youth Scholarship Program. All applications must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2017. Students who have been awarded a scholarship will be notified on or around May 1, 2017. For further information contact Donna Catlett at (847)296-1409 or Linda Traina at (847)341-4146. Thank you for your interest!
About the Des Plaines Arts Council Youth Scholarship Program
The Arts Council will be awarding scholarships in two categories. Students currently in grades 4 through 8 are eligible for a maximum of $500, while students in grades 9 through 12 are eligible for a maximum of $1000.
Since 1998 the Des Plaines Arts Council has awarded a total of approximately $60,000 in scholarships to eligible youth. These scholarships are to be used to pursue advanced study in the fine, performing or literary arts. Eligible programs include, but are not limited to, private lessons or classes and summer music, speech, drama and visual art camps. For high school seniors scholarships can be applied towards freshman college or specialty school tuition for any artistic major. Applicants must have a Des Plaines mailing address.
Guidelines for 2017 Des Plaines Arts Council ScholarshipsDownload the PDF Application here
- All students applying must have a Des Plaines postal address
- Students who have been awarded a scholarship will not be eligible two consecutive years
- Applications will be judged in two age categories:
- 4th through the 8th grade – up to $500
- 9th through the 12th grade – up to $1,000
- Scholarships are to be used for tuition to study the fine, performing or literary arts. Eligible programs include, but are not limited to, freshman college tuition, specialized training, private lessons, summer camps or special programs in any facet of the fine, performing or literary arts.
- Scholarships must be used no later than December 31, 2017
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Final selection will be made by the Des Plaines Arts Council Scholarship Committee. Selection is NOT based on financial need.
- All scholarships are awarded on the basis of the original information submitted, see reverse side of application for details.
- Any changes in plans after the original application is accepted may make the student ineligible.
- All applications must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2017.
An application can be picked up at the Leisure Center, Prairie Lakes, the Des Plaines Mayor’s Office and at the Library. Printed applications are also available through the fine arts and career counseling departments of local schools, from private fine arts teachers.
Online applications are available at DPArtsCouncil.org. Applications must be postmarked by March 31. Call Linda Traina at (847)341-4146 or Donna Catlett at (847)274-1256 with any questions, or to have an application mailed to you. All chosen recipients will be notified on or about May 1, 2017.
Completed scholarship applications should be sent to:
Des Plaines Arts Council
1755 S. Wolf Road
Des Plaines, IL 60018
Download, complete, and email the completed application with attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember: Applications will not be considered if any portion of the application is missing.
On the Street Where you Live, Work, and Play A Community Photo Project The Des Plaines Arts Council, Des Plaines History Center, Des Plaines Memory, and the Des Plaines Public Library invite you to... READ MORE
The Des Plaines Arts Council and Des Plaines Park District invite all residents of the Apache Park neighborhood to be a part this exciting project! Join us and design a section of a beautiful Peace Pole... READ MORE
Des Arts 2015 Prize Winners Adult Juried Prize: Kathy Passi #6 Adult People’s Choice Prize: Steve DeMarco #3 Both Teen Prizes: Abby Mendoza #8 Both Children’s Prizes: Liz Aponte Arcos #9 View a... READ MORE